Dear LMHA Members:
We are now in the process of gathering volunteers and groups for several events that is forthcoming February 22 and 23 for Rogers Hometown Hockey here in Lasalle! Let’s put Lasalle on the Rogers Hockey Hometown Map!
1. Minor Hockey All-Stars (Ball Hockey) – Teams that are interested are to send their information to LMHA President Mike Seguin via the LMHA website where you can find his e-mail link.
Looking to gather the Minor Hockey teams to come to site and participate in ball hockey on the Scotiabank ball hockey rink
o Saturday February 22nd @ 3:30 – 6:00 PM
o Sunday February 23rd@ Anytime EXCEPT 2:30 pm-4:00 pm (Tons of room to play with)
o *We can shorten the games from half hour to 15- or 20-minute games depending on how many teams are interested.
o We need the team name, age group, level of play & the coaches contact information
o Once we receive the information above, the people at Rogers Hometown Hockey will work to put together the ball hockey schedule and will send out to all the coaches once complete. It will include all the information they need – time teams play, what equipment to bring, where to meet, etc.
2. Parade of Champions – Teams that are interested are to send their information to LMHA President Mike Seguin via the LMHA website where you can find his e-mail link.
· Encouraging all Minor Hockey Association Teams to come out and enjoy the incredible Parade of Champions on Sunday February 23 before the broadcast Marshalling time is 5:30 p.m. for the parade at 6:00 p.m. of which will have TV coverage! At this time, the parade will start in the parking lot at Sandwhich Secondary School and proceed to the Vollmer. It is a short parade but one that we need to have everyone out there! This is an incredible part of the weekend and teams, siblings, coaches, friends/family members are all encourage to come join the Parade by wearing their team jersey and making signs to celebrate hockey & the amazing LaSalle Community!
o Organizations and associations outside of Minor Hockey are definitely encouraged and welcomed to join – please pass along any contact of anyone interested and we will reach out to pass along details and welcome them with open arms!
· The organizing team Team will send a 1-pager with Parade of Champions details closer to event date
o Once your team receives the 1-pager you are to spread the word as much as possible – send emails, post the 1-pager at the local arena, etc.
o We are looking for the team name and any fun facts about the team including team accomplishments, charitable donations, outstanding work in the community etc. Please include in your submission.
3. Clean-Up Crew – Teams that are interested are to send their information to LMHA Board President Mike Seguin via the LMHA website where you can find his e-mail link.
o Team(s) that will help out with light garbage duty through the festival weekend. Great opportunity to get out in the Community.
o LaSalle/Sun Parlour MHAs to update the Volunteer Doc sheet (located on Google Docs) once team(s) has been decided who will be helping with this
o Rogers Hometown Hockey will reach out to provide those teams with the details they need for the weekend closer to the event