LaSalle Minor Hockey Association will be hosting a referee tryout on June 5, 2022 at 2:00pm on Rink B at the Vollmer Recreation Complex.
The tryout will consist of an hour on-ice skating portion which will be followed by an off-ice OMHA sample written multiple choice test.
Material will be based on the OMHA rule book that can be found of the OMHA website under the referee tab in the resource section where there are sample tests included within.
NOTE: The LMHA is working on having an OMHA representative come in to do a short presentation and answer any questions that parents or prospective referees may have. Attendance is voluntary and date, time, place to be determined.
Equipment needed for on-ice portion:
1. Requirements needed to become minor hockey referee (The LMHA has been allotted from the OMHA 5 spots and 1 alternate ):
1) Resume submitted to the LMHA President via e-mail
2) Attend the on-ice tryout where you will be adjudicated doing various official-related tasks
3) Write a version of the OMHA referee exam after the skating portion
4) Be able to attend OMHA Referee School in Windsor for 3 days including a hotel stay (date to be determined and usually in late September)
5) NEW FROM THE OMHA!! It has been decided that the traditional 3-day ref school (with the overnight hotel stay) will not be happening this season.
· In its place, will be a full 2-day clinic (no overnight stay) pick up and drop off each day and run from 8:30am to about 5pm on both days (timelines subject to change).
· The Tentative date for the ref school Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18 in Windsor (location to be announced).
· Pricing will be announced at a later date as well, but will be much less than the $335 that it was when we ran the school in previous years.
NOTE: The OMHA IS ONLY accepting individuals born in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
2. We are also looking for 2 adults to attend the 1-day adult referee clinic. The applicant must be 18 years of age or older (born 2004 or before).
1) Requirements for selection: Resume
Information on application (resume) must include: Name, Date of Birth, Phone Number, e-mail contact
Deadline for application is June 2nd, 2022.
Please send an email confirming your application including resume to Mike Seguin, President, LaSalle Minor Hockey Association at: [email protected]