Dear LMHA members:
All members should become familiar with the most recent memo from the OMHA regarding vaccination policy. The LMHA was made aware yesterday that they will not be revising their policy based on the most recent government announcements regarding exemptions for players, coaches and volunteers.
Due to the fact that we are in the process of travel tryouts and the formation of house league teams, we ask that if the OMHA policy is not acceptable to you for your children’s participation, that you withdraw your registration as soon as possible when you and your family make that determination. You may contact the Registration Director at [email protected]
If you are intending to continue to be involved in LMHA hockey, you need to be fully vaccinated and send proof to our Registration Director at [email protected] by October 31, 2021 (or sooner). The cut off date to get the 2nd vaccination dose is October 17th in order to allow for the 14 days after the administration of the 2nd dose before one is considered fully eligible for Oct 31st, 2021.
In the meantime, players under 18 years of age, coaches, volunteers and officials will be given entry to the Vollmer Recreation Complex until the October 31st OMHA requirement. Players 18 years of age and over, spectators and visitors age 12 and over must show proof of full vaccination to gain entry beginning Wednesday, September 22, 2021. Any person under 12 is exempt and will not need to show proof of vaccination.
I would be remiss if I did not thank the LMHA Board of Directors and the many coaches and volunteers here in LaSalle who have been making adjustments almost on a daily basis for this ever-changing policy process that we have been engaged in. The LMHA has no option but to follow OMHA policy (see policy here) and the Town of LaSalle requirements (see policy here)which are based on the provincial government regulations for use of their facilities.
EXCERPT FROM OMHA POLICY:
“This policy applies to the following Affected Persons, which includes the following persons:
• Players born in 2009 or earlier
• Team Officials (Coaches, Trainers and Managers, etc.)
• Game Officials (referees, linespersons, timekeepers, etc.)
• Association Officials (minor hockey association directors, officers, executive and staff)
• OMHA Officials (directors, officers, executive and staff, including hockey development personnel)
• Instructors (third parties engaged by Associations or Teams to provide specialized instruction (e.g., power skating, goaltending coaching)
4. Vaccination Requirement & Records All Affected Persons are required to be Fully Vaccinated (i.e.: including the 14-day period after receiving their completed dose) by October 31, 2021 or earlier. All Affected Persons must present to their Association designate, as applicable, evidence satisfactory to the OMHA demonstrating that they have received the completed series of an Accepted COVID-19 Vaccine. 5. Acceptable Vaccines. The OMHA recognizes all vaccines approved by Health Canada. All Affected Persons will be required to confirm they are vaccinated regardless of which approved vaccine they receive. 6. Acceptable Documentation Acceptable documents serving as evidence of COVID-19 vaccination include:
• A digital or physical Dose Administration Receipt.
• Medical records signed by a licensed health care provider indicating vaccine name and date(s) of administration.
• Government verification/language (e.g. Government issued vaccine passport or card)”