LMHA & PPH INTRODUCE DOUBLE SHIFT 5v5 HOCKEY
Submitted By Webmaster
on Thursday, March 18, 2021
LMHA is partnering with PPH to provide an opportunity get back on the ice with "Double Shift 5v5 Hockey". The format is simple and effective. Skills for 20mins with PPH and Prospects Goaltending and finish with a 30min 5v5 game. The Double Shift 5v5 Hockey League will run for an initial 8 weeks. Weeks 1 through 6 will be regulation play, Week 7 will be the semi-finals with Week 8 being the Championship games.
Another 8 week block maybe schedule depending on demand and Public Health Guidelines at that time. The program will give priority registration to the LMHA & Amherstburg (AMHA) membership prior to opening it up to the Windsor/Essex community. The start time for the league is still to be determined and is depends upon when the area moves to Orange status.
Double Shift 5v5 Rules & Registration Info:
- Two divisions: Competitive and Recreational
- Roster sizes 10 players + 1 goalie
- Encouraging families to build a team of 7 Players
- You can register as team or as an individual
- Register a FULL Team based on League guidelines. Subject for approval by Double shift and then Accepted.
- Competitive teams - maximum of 3 AAA players and 4 AA players. The remaining 4 spots will filled with competitive players and be selected by Double Shift 5v5 Draft.
- Competitive U14 & U16 - Must have 4 minors on each team.
- Trades can be made to balance teams
- Games - modified rules that were played during the 2020 season
- Refs and timekeeper
- League standings - Tie indicators will be posted
- The intent is to play games at the Vollmer Recreational Complex
- The schedule and location of ice times may change based on Public Health Guidelines and facilities usage.
- "We will be following the Covid-19 screening and check-in procedures similar to what was used during the season."
- All instructors, parents and participants must follow the facilities guidelines as set out by the Vollmer staff.
Please see below in the attached poster for additional information. Registration will take place on the Proven Performance Hockey website. Keep an eye the website for registration details: provenperformancehockey.com
Registration will be confirmed by email. We will email when we are ready you to complete payment.
This article has been viewed 1825 times.