WINDSOR-ESSEX DESIGNATED RED ZONE – CONTROL: LMHA SEASON ON PAUSE EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER, 30, 2020
Good afternoon members of the LMHA:
As you may be aware by now, the province has designated the jurisdiction of the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit as a Red-Control zone
regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic response.
The LMHA Board of Directors held a special meeting last evening in preparation for a response in the event that the area is designated RED
. The factors that were considered in order of priority were:
1. Risk to our children under present community health conditions.
2. Risk regarding the viability of the LMHA to financially manage the reduction of players permitted versus cost of ice rental over an extended period of time.
Note that game play and scrimmages are not permitted. Limit of 10 players on the ice pad.
The LMHA Board approved the following direction (unanimous):
· That the LMHA pause operations effective Monday, November 30, 2020.
· If the jurisdiction moves back to Orange status under the same criteria as present, resume operations.
· If we reach February 1 and are still in RED status, cancel the remainder of the season.
· Families who wish to withdraw, may do so as per policy with proration of time played considered. Registration Director to be contacted via website.
· Families who wish to remain registered will receive a refund at the end of the season for any hockey missed due to the pause in programming.
· In the meantime, for those wishing to still have the opportunity for a hockey experience, we will post available skill sessions run independently by our partner providers.
Note that hockey will still take place this weekend.
See update: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/59388/ontario-moving-regions-to-new-levels-in-covid-19-response-framework
LMHA Board of Directors